Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wayback Machine

I've been sorting through my old closet at Dad's. I said to Kate, "You know- I'm finally getting rid of everything in that closet!" She said, "Why? Cause you're 29 years old and it's about time?"

Umm...

Yes?


Here's some of my old pieces of artwork! It's like a timeline...

5 yrs

A portrait of Buggy with one of his old friends.

Bunny. 2nd grade, I think. It comes with a poem on the back:
Owno
I don't know
who I am
am I Marrisa
am I Katie
am I Monica
am I Kimmy
am I Shane
am I butter
milk please
tell me who
am I am I yes
your putingpop

This was one of my first pieces in high school. It's Nana and Pop-Pop's old basement bathroom.

Self-Portrait at 15 years. Pissed off?
What?! What would make you say that?

16 years- Mom and Katie from a photograph

16 years- that's a sketch from Velasquez's painting. I began to see then that making a realistic image took practice and attention.
Sometime in high school.

21 yrs. This is the only piece of art I made for myself in college. It's one of my favorites.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- your sister is rude. But she might be right. Sorry :) Can I have the bathroom painting. I loved that bathroom!!

Anonymous said...

Writing poetry at 7 yrs. asking who am I...and there you have it!

I remember the "wayback machine"! I loved those cartoons.

Margo

Anonymous said...

All so awesome. I especially Love the first and last, splendid star spangled dress and beautifully colored water fall...mmm mmmmm!

Shannon said...

It's like an entree of right with a salting of rude. MMm delicious! Yes!- it was wonderland with a toilet and sink.

*

Agreed, Margo, they were some of the best! Bullwinkle and Rocky the Flying Squirrel- classic goodness! :)

*

Well thank you, Golden! twinkle wink!

Krystal said...

My Nana & Nanu have a bathroom in their basement like that too....'cept there's beautiful butterfly wallpaper rather than flowers!

Thanks for posting this....how neat it is to see your evolution as an artist.