Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hummmmmmm

Just got two hummingbird feeders- one for the backyard and one for the front yard right by my room. I took the screen out of my room window so that the hummingbirds can fly in to visit if they want. Made their syrup and am sitting here by the window waiting for them. The flies are coming into the room too. I was thinking I'd eat them, but apparently flies are not a good choice for insect eating- they're disease carriers. Termites would be a better option. I don't mind crispy things, but I don't know if I'll eat a worm- the way they wiggle and squirm. I like juicy peaches but juicy worms gross me out. Anyway! Here's our hummingbird video!



7 comments:

Suzette said...

Love you Silly people!

Anonymous said...

That video is waaaaaay too funny! Maybe they will tuck in, hum you a lullaby and sleep in your hair :)

Marguaritte said...

A Bird

A bird came down the walk,
He did not know I saw;
He bit an angleworm in halves
And ate the fellow, raw.
And then he drank a dew
From a convenient grass,
And then hopped sidewise to the wall
To let a beetle pass.

~Emily Dickinson

Angelina M. Hart said...

hysterical!

Shannon said...

Lusciousness! Thank you, Beautiful Ladies!

Anonymous said...

Yet I tell you that enduring peace cometh not from nations' wrath subsided but from
beauty-pots of Love that have vermilion in them, painting a rose instead of a sword on the canvas of the Infinite.

Shannon said...

Yeah! I like that!