Monday, March 23, 2009

White

Last night I fell asleep on the big room floor. Then Steve had his arm around me, "Come on Shan, I'll help you..." He kissed me and I was in my room standing, somewhat asleep. "I am going to lay in my bed with my day clothes on. No I'm going to brush my teeth. I like brushed teeth." So I left for the bathroom and washing my face I said

My yoke is easy and my burden light
My yoke is easy and my burden light
Next time i make Jesus eggs I'll make sure they're sunny side up
Or they could be poached, the yolk soft, soft yolk yes that's it.
My burden is light My burden is light
Is a light. Is a light. Is a light...

And as went back to my room, passing the gold shine in the night of the big Story painting, opening the door I caught a scent
that spoke, "It doesn't matter what it looks like."
She whispered in like jasmine on a dew morning,
"It doesn't matter what it looks like..."
And the smell swirled around my head, remembering me to the roses I heard laughing this summer. Not in a dream sense or a figurative sense. Had walked over the bridge amusing the rushing creek underfoot and then heard waves of giggles upon giggles making me giggle too! Turning left to see the bunches of wild white roses sprinkled with shine- laughing and trembling in hilarity. Like a spring that bubbles out of the earth! So many of them on the vine! Each with a heart-shaped petal, five around, circling a gold crown.

To remember them I cried. Effervescent, irreplaceable, forever, ephemeral, never again, beauty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything emptying into white...
:)

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful bedtime story. You're great! Thanks.
Good night.