Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Starburst


I'm learning a few things with this painting. This one is about integrating parts that don't belong at first glance. Sometimes when a visitor sees a pieces in the middle of its painting, they make a concerned look on their face that says something like, "Ooo...uhh.. I dunno about this one." I used to get scared when I saw that look. (Know that feeling? Like: shitballs it's all over now, gulp.) But that's art- isn't that what art is? You hold one thing in this hand, and another thing in this hand, and you put it together. Integrate! And that's what the heart does, right?

I'm starting to feel like a mother about my paintings. Love 'em love 'em like they're meant to be. Like people! But I got some way to go with people. I like what Alice Walker said, "It's so clear that you have to cherish everyone. I think that's what I get from these older black women, that every soul is to be cherished, that every flower is to bloom."

This is the new Starburst piece as it comes along.

Something grand is happening today! The Salet roses are opening up to the world. Here's where they were at 7:30 am. GOooo team!

"It is a fact that of the capacities which the soul has acquired in its transition through a stage of development, nothing is lost. But when a new capacity is acquired, the one previously gained assumes a different form. It then no longer manifests itself in its own character, but as a basis for the new capacity." -Rudulph Steiner, "Cosmic Memory"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Shannon!!!!..."Starburst"!!!...

Your Divine Inspiration, Deeply Appreciated!

OM Salet Rose...<3~*~*~*

Angelina M. Hart said...

No words!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...why is it blank on my screen?
Guess I better raise my vibration to see them ;)

Love the music though! Margo

Shannon said...

Woohoo! Thanks for saying hi, Chrsyanthie, Angelina, and Margo! xxoo

Margo I dunno- I just changed the format of the blog so it might not be loading the same?

Anonymous said...

Flow Mamma Flow! Them Be Beautiful Babies...mmmhmmm.